Building lasting relationships through conversation - that’s how messaging experiences like Messenger enable connections to thrive amongst billions of people.
Are you ready to put your skills to the test? It’s time to challenge yourself!
Solutions like chatbots have come a long way, and now you can take them even further. Whether you’re just getting started or an experienced pro, we invite you to build and submit Messenger experiences that leverage features such as Handover Protocol, One-Time Notifications, Private Replies, Quick Replies, and the Extension SDK.
Not only is this a chance to put your skills to the test and learn something new, but you’ll also connect with a global community of like-minded developers, benefit from educational resources and be in the running to win some awesome cash prizes.
We’ll also be providing a free swag giveaway* to each team member from an eligible submission.
* Only while supplies last. 1 gift item (up to 4 max) per eligible Entry. Limit 1 item per Individual regardless of number of Entries. Actual gift items, type, value may vary from descriptions and images. Mode of shipment for delivery within Sponsor’s sole discretion, only to addresses within the Territory, and any customs charges, taxes, fees applicable to item receipt and use is recipient’s responsibility. Sponsor does not guarantee delivery or date of receipt. Void where prohibited by law. Subject to full Contest Official Rules.
** All prizing subject to full Official Rules. Winning Org or Team is responsible for dividing and distributing lump sum cash payouts and all other prizes amongst themselves. Mode of delivery for all prizes, including devices, payments, virtual meeting or call scheduling, etc. is solely at Sponsor’s discretion and subject to availability, shipping restrictions and delays. If advertised prize is unavailable, may be replaced with equivalent prize.
What to submit:
1. Demo video. Your video (hosted on Facebook Video, YouTube, Vimeo, or Youku) should be around 2 minutes, include a demo of your working application via a step-by-step visual demo, and be available in English. Be sure to explain how the Facebook products used enhances the experience of your solution!
2. Access. A way to access your chatbot in one of the following ways:
- Option 1: Make your bot publicly available by completing the app review process. In order to make the bot live to all Facebook users, you will need to complete app review and demonstrate that your bot is working. Full guidelines can be found here. The entire process will take approximately 1-2 weeks.
- Option 2: Make your bot available for select users. Since app review might take some time, for the purpose of this hackathon, you can put your app in dev mode and add a tester in your app settings. That way, judges will be able to test your bot even when your app is in development mode. Update! 08/12/2020: Please add the following test user account IDs: 100019417087644 and 512253308.
- Please share the link to your Messenger Chatbot in one of the following formats: https://messenger.com/t/[Page_ID] or https://m.me/[Page_ID]
3. Complete submission form. All required fields must be completed and submitted on Devpost BEFORE the deadline. Late entries will NOT be accepted.
$7,000 in prizes
• $3,000 USD
• At least one 30-minute virtual meeting with a Facebook engineer
• Oculus Quest 64GB VR headset (ARV: $399 USD; 1 per individual, 4 max per Org or Team)
• $2,500 USD
• $1,500 USD
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
Partner Engineer, Messenger Platform
Partner Engineer, Messenger Platform
Quality of the Idea
Includes creativity and originality of the idea.
Potential Strategic Impact
Includes the potential value and usefulness to real-world users.
Implementation of the Idea
Includes how well the idea was executed by the developer, the extent to which the featured Facebook products were incorporated, and the extent to which respect for user privacy was considered or incorporated in the design.